With the current international break underway, several first team Gunners away on duty for their nations with some interesting match-ups commencing over the weekend. There are some high profile friendlies taking place, including England vs Spain, whilst some of the younger Gunners are part of the U21 European qualifiers. We have taken this opportunity to explore some football betting tips available on soccerbase.com and have outlined some interesting odds for Gunners fans to think about during this international break.
Theo Walcott (England) vs Spain
- Spain have won their last three games against England without conceding
- England have scored first in six of their last seven games
European and world champions Spain would be a class above England if the Three Lions had their best starting 11 on the pitch so with Fabio Capello’s squad weakened by the absence of Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard and Ashley Young the sensible play is to back the visitors at Wembley.
Aaron Ramsey (Wales) vs Norway
- Six of Norway’s last eight games have featured under 2.5 goals
- Aaron Ramsey netted a penalty in Wales’ last match
Things are looking up for improving Wales and they look decent value to take another scalp here. Gary Speed’s young side have won three of their last four matches and victories over Montenegro, Switzerland and Bulgaria suggests Wales can topple Norway
Thomas Vermaelen (Belgium) vs Romania
- Belgium have two of the world’s top defenders in Vincent Kompany and Thomas Vermaelen
- Belgium have kept consecutive clean sheets in their past two friendlies
- Romania will be without their best players Sapunaru, Mutu, Marica and Tamas
Belgiums talented squad will be a handful for a depleted Romanian side that will lack cohesion and experience. The Belgian’s boast an impressive defensive lineup including the likes of Vermaelen, Kompany and Van Buyten, so a clean sheet should be on the cards.