Arsenal have been named as the seventh most valuable football brand in a recent study which aimed to identify which clubs monetise best from their brand power, The Telegraph reports.
We were ranked 6th in the same report last year and have been overtaken by the likes of Manchester City which should ring alarm bells in our marketing department.
This could be down to the departure of Tom Fox who was our Chief Commercial Officer and is now the chief executive at Aston Villa.
Arsenal transfer news
Here is the full list of the top 10.
10) Tottenham Hotspur – Brand Value: $360million
- [Match Highlights] Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle – All The Highlights & Best Bits
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle – Ozil Wonder Goal Saves Boring, Boring Arsenal
- [Confirmed Lineups] Arsenal v Newcastle United – Wilshere & Lacazette Start In 4-2-3-1
Spurs’ presence in this list is mainly due to the strength of the Premier League rather than a reflection of their status among Europe. Considering that Juventus are positioned below them, the financial strength of our league is in good hands.
9) Paris Saint Germain – Brand Value: $541m
The Ligue 1 champions have been on an amazing journey considering that they were founded in 1970 – one of Europe’s modern clubs. Since then, a lucrative takeover has seen them trickle to the top of the European game and Champions League success seems inevitable.