We’re a little over half way through the season, and things are really starting to take shape. We’ve been able to see who pulls the strings, who fades into the background, and who hogs the headlines for each team. There’s a mixture of all three in the following list of top ten Premier League passers (via the Daily Star), with two Arsenal stars featuring.
Check out the list below:
10) Jan Vertonghen – Tottenham – 1037 passes
As is often the case, this list is littered with defenders. Tottenham are one of many teams that like to play out from the back, and ball playing centre-back Jan Vertonghen sees much of the play start with or go through him.
9) Fernandinho – Manchester City – 1054 passes
Just like Francis Coquelin for Arsenal, Fernandinho does the dirty work in midfield before laying the ball off to a more creative teammate. His passes aren’t often particular inventive, but are enough to get him into this list.
- Arsenal Target Andre Silva As Alexis Sanchez Replacement
- Arsenal Looking For A Buyer For Ozil In January
- Report: Marc Overmars To Become Arsenal’s Director of Football Next Summer
8) Aaron Ramsey – Arsenal – 1110 passes
The Welshman hasn’t quite been at his best this season, but he’s still been a key part of our midfield during Santi Cazorla’s absence. He’s struggled alongside Mathieu Flamini, but hopefully we’ll get to see what he can do with the more stable Francis Coquelin next to him.
7) Glenn Whelan – Stoke – 1114 passes
A bit of a utility man for Stoke, Whelan is one of many who do the dirty work for the Potters. He’s one of the more surprising names on the list, but makes it nonetheless.
Arsenal transfer news