Arsenal’s reported target Pedro has hinted that he may have to leave Barcelona this summer, despite extending his contract till 2019 last month, he told Mundo Deportivo.
— Mundo Deportivo (@mundodeportivo) July 7, 2015
Pedro found first-team opportunities hard to come by last season with Barcelona’s sensational trio Neymar, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi wreaking havoc across Europe.
The 27-year-old’s admission comes after Barcelona signed another attacking player with winger Arda Turan joining from La Liga rival Atletico Madrid.
Arsenal transfer news
“Obviously I’m in a delicate situation,” Pedro told the Catalan publication.
- [Match Highlights] Arsenal v BATE Borisov – All The Goals And Best Bits
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 3-0 BATE – Gunners Seal Spot In Europa League Last 16
- [Confirmed Lineups] Arsenal v BATE Borisov – Ozil Stars For Gunners
According to The Independent, we’ve opened talks with Barcelona to sign the Spaniard with a £15million figure mooted as a potential fee.
Despite his qualities, it would be very surprising to see Wenger strengthen the squad by adding another wide player, especially following the arrivals of Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck last summer.
With the current options we have around the squad, Wenger may only be tempted to delve into the market for a truly special player – Pedro is not of that calibre.
Barcelona have just completed the signed of Arda Turan (via BBC Sport), which could make it easier for us to acquire the Spaniard.