Even when we haven’t won trophies, the nature of our endeavour – the wonderful passing game now synonymous with Arsenal – has won a lot of fans.
Our patient and thoughtful build-up has arguably been about waiting for the opponents to make the smallest mistake that allows an inch-perfect pass to unlock the door, and leave us with the simplest task of converting a chance.
Here is the top ten players for producing key passes within our squad this season, according to WhoScored.
10) Hector Bellerin (0.6 key passes per game)
- Images posted finally confirm what all Arsenal fans have expected
- [Team news] Arsenal line up vs Newcastle – Huge Tierney injury news
- Mesut Ozil to ‘terminate contract’ with Arsenal and join boyhood club
The Spaniard has shown since his break into the first-team that he offers more than just being a full-back capable of dealing with the quickest left wingers the Premier League has to offer. His own meandering runs have created plenty of opportunities for his teammates.
9) Kieran Gibbs (0.7 key passes per game)
Despite losing his place to Nacho Monreal in recent months, Gibbs has proved that he is more than ready to step in, should the 29-year-old be rested.