A list of the top 100 most valuable players in Europe’s top five leagues has been released (courtesy of CIES Football Observatory), and nine Arsenal players are included.
There are a few surprising inclusions, and a couple of players you might expect to see, but won’t.
Below are the nine Arsenal stars and their positions in Europe’s most valuable players list:
9) Calum Chambers – €23.6m-€26m – 85th
- Where Arsenal would have finished in the league without VAR
- Arsenal’s top Hector Bellerin replacement is now available for £30m
- [Team news] Predicted Arsenal line up vs Brighton – Loan stars dropped
The former Southampton man has enjoyed a fantastic season with us, and really looks like a superb signing. He did a solid job deputising at right-back, but looks to have a real future ahead of him at centre-back.
The fact that he’s English and has already made his international debut has seen his value skyrocket.
8) Olivier Giroud – €25.4m-€27.9m – 73rd
The Frenchman really splits opinion among Arsenal fans, but he has shown this season what he is capable of. He looked a changed man when he returned from injury, and was a massive part of our success in 2015.