Mesut Özil has been outstanding this season, and has been breaking records with his assists. He’s the only player to appear twice (as the assister) on the top ten Premier League Partnerships, with the German playmaker piling on those pinpoint passes for his Arsenal teammates.
Courtesy of WhoScored, here are the top ten Premier League partnerships so far this season:
10) Norwich – Wes Hoolahan to Nathan Redmond – 3 assists
Norwich have struggled so far this season, and look real candidates for relegation. Hoolahan and Redmond have been excellent though, which is why they appear on this list.
9) Watford – Troy Deeney to Odion Ighalo – 3 assists
In stark contrast to Norwich, Watford look more than capable of avoiding relegation and staying up this season. But where would they be without the partnership between Ighalo and Deeney? The former has scored the majority of his side’s goals, thanks in large part to Deeney’s hold up.
- Arsenal overtaken by new frontrunners to sign Houssem Aouar in January
- Ex-Arsenal star favouring a move to America’s MLS to restart career
- Arsenal reportedly weighing up prospect of re-signing in-form goalscorer
8) Southampton – Sadio Mane to Graziano Pelle – 3 assists
Pelle has a quietly excellent goalscoring record, and is similar in many ways to our own Olivier Giroud. Mane’s wing play is a huge help to a target man, which is why he has provided the Italian with three assists this season.
7) Leicester – Riyad Mahrez to Jamie Vardy – 3 assists
Mahrez started the campaign phenomenally, and has arguably been the best player in the league so far. He has a massive number of goals and assists to his name, and has contributed to Jamie Vardy’s fantastic goalscoring record.
Arsenal transfer news