We have been linked with a host of strikers this summer, with many feeling Olivier Giroud is incapable of leading us to Premier League glory.
The Frenchman features in talkSPORT‘s list of most lethal strikers in the Premier League, but how do Arsenal’s reported transfer targets rank?
Check out the list below:
19) Emmanuel Adebayor – Tottenham – 180 minutes per Premier League goal
His character is certainly questionable, but the former Arsenal man has all the physical qualities needed to thrive in the Premier League. He has shown during numerous spells with different clubs that he knows where the back of the net is. But where will he be plying his trade this season?
18) Romelu Lukaku – Everton – 178 minutes per Premier League goal
- Arsenal must outmanoeuvre Galatasaray to win race for £2m ‘bargain’ transfer
- Arsenal reportedly set to sign free agent after impressive trial
- Arsenal have ‘concrete interest’ in signing Bayern Munich II star
The Belgian is yet to realise his massive potential, but looks like a star of the future. He is already off the mark this season, and will be looking to help Everton better their finish in the new campaign.
17) Christian Benteke – Liverpool – 177 minutes per Premier League goal
Lukaku’s compatriot, Benteke made the big money move to Liverpool this summer. He boasts similar qualities to his international teammate, and proved with a struggling Aston Villa side that he is capable of scoring freely.
16) Olivier Giroud – Arsenal – 177 minutes per Premier League goal
For all the stick Giroud gets, he actually has an excellent goalscoring record. Combine that with the fact that he offers so much more to the team than just goals, and the Frenchman’s figures start to look even more impressive. How far behind our reported transfer targets is he though?
Arsenal transfer news