1. Arsenal have won more FA Cups than any other team in history…
This was the 12th FA Cup trophy for Arsenal and now we are alone on the top spot.
2. We have matched four more FA Cup records…
Arsene Wenger has become the most successful manager in the competition post-World War II and joined Ramsay on the top with six trophies in the competition.
Arsenal have become the fourth club to win consecutive finals on more than one occasion (2001-02 and 2002-03, 2013-14 and 2014-15).
- [Team news] Arsenal line up vs Wolves – Arteta’s dilemma with three out
- [Player ratings] Molde 0-3 Arsenal – Balogun scores as Gunners cruise
- Arteta reveals contract talks for starlet who’s part of Arsenal’s ‘DNA’
Arsene Wenger has become only the second manager to do so (Thomas Mitchell of Blackburn Rovers is the other one).
Alexis Sánchez has become the first Arsenal player to top the score-charts in all four competitions (Premier League, FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Champions League). The Chilean has scored 16 goals in the league, four in the FA Cup, one in the Capital One Cup and four in Europe (including qualifiers).
3. Alexis Sánchez is a world-class player…
Fans have been excited about our new signings many, many times. Most of the time we believe in Wenger’s judgement. But the delight over Wenger’s decision to sign Alexis from Barcelona can compare only to Wenger’s decision to sign Thierry Henry in 1999.
He has missed just three games in the league this season, and two of those were against Aston Villa in the league before the FA Cup thrashing. He decided to make up for that time by producing an absolutely brilliant goal, of course… It was a powerful right-footed shot that Given simply couldn’t stop.
Hopefully he will be ready for the next season to lead us to the league title. He is our best player.