That’s the spirit Ozil! I like to hear players talk up their chances and if he is serious and the whole Arsenal team feels the same way, then I will be the first fan to support them. I agree with Ozil that we can overhaul Chelsea and here are probably the four reasons he said that:
- Inconsistency: When Chelsea was on a roll at the beginning of the season, no one gave the rest of the league a chance with the inconsistency they showed. Gradually though, that lead has been eaten away by Manchester City and if Arsenal had a full squad to choose from in first half of the season who knows where we would be right now. Who gave Manchester United a chance and yet, at one point, they ended up being only 6 points away from top spot.
- 13 points away from first place: That is basically five games Chelsea have to lose or quite a few games they have to draw. With a few tricky fixtures they still have to face who knows? Arsenal will also have to face the same opponents so it will depend how well each team will maneuver through these fixtures by the time both teams meet in April. Arsenal usually tends to throw away the league around January to February. Let us see if Chelsea can keep their heads.
- It has been done before: Even the mighty Manchester United have blown a ten point lead in 1998 to see them lose out on the Premier League. Of course Arsenal has consistently thrown the League away time after time. A lot depends on if Chelsea can keep their main players, namely, Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, and Eden Hazard healthy.
- A strong squad to choose from: I have to give Shad Forsythe his props for making sure almost the whole Arsenal squad is now fit and for giving Arsene Wenger a selection headache. With astute defensive buys in the market, there is no reason why we can’t go on a winning run.
- [Match Highlights] Arsenal v BATE Borisov – All The Goals And Best Bits
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 3-0 BATE – Gunners Seal Spot In Europa League Last 16
- [Confirmed Lineups] Arsenal v BATE Borisov – Ozil Stars For Gunners