Hector Bellerin has brushed off speculation about a return to Barcelona and says he thinks will still be at Arsenal next season.
The full-back has long been linked with a return to Camp Nou even though he signed a new long-term Arsenal deal back in November.
With Barca still struggling to find a strong replacement for Dani Alves, Bellerin’s name continues to be linked with the club but he says he does not know of any contact.
“I think so. I still have many years of contract at Arsenal and for now it is what it is,” he told IB Times UK.
“I just signed a new deal earlier this season and I am at the disposal of the manager for whenever he needs. I do not know about the offers I get. My job is to focus on the pitch, what happens off it is something for my agent.”
Bellerin has been left on the sidelines in the last few weeks with Arsenal having switched to a back three formation which helped them past Manchester City and into the FA Cup final.
- Club legend Kanu slams Arsenal for ‘surprise’ academy player sale
- Arsenal apology ‘we made a mistake and withdraw from Super League’
- European Super League: Arsenal officially join breakaway competition
The Gunners will now face Chelsea at Wembley on May 27 and Bellerin is looking forward to the clash.
“My first trophy was the FA Cup and it was one of the most beautiful moments of my career,” he added.
“To play a final at Wembley against Chelsea is going to be very nice. I am looking forward to it. They defend a lot and are fast on the counterattack.
“We beat them 3-0 at the Emirates earlier in the season and we know we can do it again. In a final anything can happen.”
Bellerin’s words will reassure fans although it will be little surprise if Barcelona once again try to sign the full-back thi summer.