Petr Cech is set to have his medical at Arsenal this Friday ahead of his imminent Emirates switch (via Sky Sports), and the £10.9m fee Sky Sports are quoting puts him among the most expensive shot-stoppers in footballing history.
Below we’ve compiled a list of the highest fees ever paid for goalkeepers:
12) Simon Mignolet – Liverpool – £9m
- [Team News] Arsenal v Leicester City – Pepe returns as Arteta talks Lionel Messi
- Arsenal contact Premier League winger’s entourage as transfer talk hots up
- [Team News] Wolves v Arsenal – Arteta to drop Lacazette and Tierney
The Belgian has enjoyed mixed success since joining Liverpool from Sunderland back in 2013, and after being dropped earlier in the season showed a remarkable return to form in 2015. The 27-year-old is arguably lucky that Brad Jones was his only competition, as he was able to reclaim his starting spot fairly easily.
11) Samir Handanovic – Inter Milan – £9m
The Slovenian shot-stopper has been superb since joining Inter Milan in 2012, and has looked excellent value for money. He has been linked with us in the past (via the Daily Star), but we look certain to sign Cech instead.