Wojciech Szczesny got himself dropped from the starting XI earlier in the season, with his string of poor performances compounded when he was caught smoking in the showers.
He looked to be getting back on track with a solid performance against Aston Villa in the FA Cup final, but he’s set himself way back after being caught smoking again, according to the Metro.
Obviously we’d rather our stars didn’t smoke, but is it really such a big deal if they’re caught having the odd cigarette?
Here are ten footballers who have been caught smoking in the past:
10) Wojciech Szczesny – The Polish shot-stopper was caught up in a media storm in January, and having been caught smoking in the shower following our disappointing loss against Southampton on New Year’s Day, he was dropped and replaced by David Ospina.
- Arsenal keeping tabs on €40m Italy star after ‘outstanding’ season
- Where Arsenal would have finished in the league without VAR
- Arsenal’s top Hector Bellerin replacement is now available for £30m
— Eurosport.com (@EurosportCom_EN) June 4, 2015
9) Wayne Rooney – The Manchester United and England captain is no stranger to a cigarette, and has in the past been criticised for his fitness (via ESPN).