There is something about the week leading up the derby, there is nothing quite like it in terms of anticipation and butterflies.
We come up against the arch enemy on Saturday lunchtime, in what feels like one of the most important derbies in recent memory.
In honour of the great fixture, we’ve decided to delve into the archives and pick out the best three North London Derby days for the red and white army.
3. Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham Hotspur (February 2012)
- Arsenal star surprisingly reveals he is ‘open to a new adventure’
- [Team news] Arsenal line up vs Sheff Utd – Injury woes increase
- Predicted Arsenal line up vs Slavia Prague – It’s “all or nothing”
Trailing seven points behind Spurs in the race for third place, we went 2-0 down in the first half before staging an unbelievable comeback as the power shift in North London headed back to N5.
2. Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur (March 2006)
“I have never lost to Tottenham, I am so happy to say that”
This game deserved special mention because the King that is Thierry Henry came off the bench to maintain his record against Spurs, by scoring one of his greatest ever goals in an Arsenal shirt.
1. Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Arsenal (April 2004)
The game which will forever me engraved in our memory as the immortal ‘Invincible’ side clinched the title at White Hart Lane. The most striking factor of the fixture was the fact that Spurs fans celebrated wildly at claiming a draw on the day oblivious to the reality that we had no won the league on their turf and that they would be now forced to watch us party.
Forever in our shadow.